Tuesday, July 16, 2013

Ways to heal dry chapped lips


   Everybody gets chapped lips now and then. But let's face it, it gets embarrassing when you want to wear your favorite lip gloss, and it comes out all flakey and gross. So here are a few tips to keep your lips healthy.





  First, here are some of my personal ways that I keep my lips healthy.

 1.) Stay Hydrated!
      I notice when I don't drink a lot of water, my lips start to crack. Water is very important for the body, and you should drink at least 2-3 liters daily.

2.) Have that lip balm ready!

     Applying lip balm as needed throughout the day definitely hydrates your lips. I enjoy the Maybelline baby lips, e.l.f. conditioning lip balm, and the eos lip balm in mint, and strawberry. I keep my lip balm in my pocket, and apply it every couple of hours, or when my lips get dry.



3.) Natural ways to heal your lips

    Coconut oil is great for your lips. Just applying a small amount several times is great, especially when the weather is cold and dry.
  
    Try rubbing your lips with a slice of cucumber.
  
    And lastly Aloe. Aloe is a great healing therapy for the skin. Rub a bit of Aloe Vera gel on your lips daily.


























   So what are you waiting for? Give it a try. Let me know how it works out for you! Quick tip: if you don't have time to treat your lips slowly, use a wet toothbrush, to scrub off the dead skin, then using whatever method you choose, keep applying it to your lips daily.



Where I got my facts, and some of the methods
http://www.homeremediesweb.com/chapped_lips_home_remedy.php



 
     





 

No comments:

Post a Comment